Nov 17 13

Water Lilies

I started playing with a stylized water lily design this weekend.  These are made by using 3 sizes of leaves from the Appli-K-Kutz Leaves 2 die.  There are 2 versions of this design and they differ only in the configuration of the stamen portion of the design.  I wasn’t very happy with my first rendition of version B below:
 
water-lily-A
What bothered me about it was the overdone stitching in the outer leaves.  I think the candlwicking was too over-the-top and my thread choice was so loud that the flower was just garish.  To me, the stitching is too “heavy” for the kind-of delicate flower.  When I went to stitch out version A, I deliberately left out the candlwicking and liked that one much better:
 
water-lilyB-rev
Don’t you like the veining in the leaves better without that heavy outline stitching?  This is one of the things I like about MEA; you have the ability to choose which stitching sequences you want to skip.  Here’s a shot of version B with just edge finishing and no internal stitching of any kind:
 
water-lily-1
 
…and here it is with some internal designs but no candlwicking around the leaves at the bottom:
 
water-lily-2
It was really fun today to be in my sewing room stitching away.  Stay tuned later in the week for a posting on how to turn a block design into a border design!
 
I have found that this product has made me regular, stopped my IBS, and actually improved my vision. Will definitely purchase again. Order viagra canada! Online Canadian Pharmacy provides one of quickest and easiest ordering processes available oline today.

3 Comments

  1. Kelly Jackson Says:

    Yep, I agree with you, the last one is my favorite and the other stitching looked very heavy.

    Smiles,
    Kelly

  2. Patsy Thompson Designs, Ltd. » Rulers, Templates, Laser Cut Applique and More! Says:

    [...] Water Lilies [...]

  3. Roberta J. Says:

    As a longtime quilter, I’ve always thought “less is more”. I like the ones with less stitching. Your work is beautiful, Patsy.